Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Ayuda y Aprende

I currently am a volunteer at Klondike Middle School, helping the english as a second language students. There are students in this class from all around the world. For example, Jordan, Libya, Mexico, China, Japan, and Argentina. I am a volunteer with the Ayuda y Aprende program within the foreign language department. I am minoring in spanish so a majority of the time I spend there it is with a spanish speaking students. I learn from these children everyday and they really are an inspiration to me and those around myself. Although they are much younger than me most of them have been through things I could never imagine. Some being forced to leave their homes to live a better life in the united states. This may not sound that difficult but leaving the place you have always known, leaving your friends and family is extremely hard for young children. I have much respect for these children, they not only help me with my spanish but they also teach me life lessons they have learned through their experiences from moving away from home. So I would like to thank the children from Klondike Middle School.

No comments:

Post a Comment