Sunday, October 4, 2009

Tipping

Of course every server likes to go home at the end of the night with a big wad of cash but, on more than one situation that is not the case. In other countries around the world it is not standard to tip waiters for their service to you. In my opinion, I hustle around all night trying to make my customers happy so, in return they should make me happy by giving me a good and sufficient tip. I once had a large table with about 10 guests and I served drinks to them all night and had good conversation with they as well. Then when it came to paying the bill the customers left me a 9 cent tip on a $100 + bill . Of course I was really upset about it, so I told the owner while I was passing by him and he went to the table and told them to never come back to his restaurant and told them about how ashamed their fathers would have been of them. Okay, this may not have been the correct way to handle a situation but, I think sometimes it is necessary to get a point across. On the other hand, it is also very annoying when a customer tells you oh if you do this for me i'll give you a really big tip, and while we may make accomodations to the customer, within reasonable standards, making a unreasonable requests that is without of our reach should not affect our tip. Im not sure how other servers feel about receiving tips, but I do know that everyone likes to go home with money.

No comments:

Post a Comment